The Corbett Tiger Reserve is an enormous jungle where safaris are organized.For the convenience of visitors and streamlining tourism management park is divided into following six ecotourism zones :
Forest Zones in Jim Corbett National Park
The Dhikala Safari zone open on 15th of November every year; Durga Devi and Bijrani Zone from 15th of October, where as Jhirna and Dhela remains open through the year depending on the weather conditions.
For the convenience of visitors and streamlining tourism management Corbett Tiger Reserve has been divided into six mutually exclusive tourism zones, each having separate gate for entry.
- Day visit to all zones are strictly regulated and only a limited number of vehicles are permitted entry during each morning and afternoon.
- Permits for day visits to the Sonanadi ecotourism zone can be obtained from the visitor reception center at Kotdwar.
- Permits for day visits to other zones are available online on our official website.
- Visitors are advised to acquaint themselves with gate timings and arrive well before the designated time to avoid any inconvenience.
- Private vehicles are not allowed entry for tourism purposes and visitors use specially designed vehicles registered with CTR for their visits. Day visits to the Dhikala ecotourism Zone are only permitted by specially conducted buses.
- Visitors can also enjoy elephant rides at Bijrani and Dhikala ecotourism Zone.
- Canteen facilities are available at Dhikala, Bijrani and Gairal. At other locations, kitchen facility is provided.